Bundt cake is one of the best centerpiece desserts you can make. Pull it
Making a Bundt cake can definitely seem like a daunting and intimidating task but they’re actually not as difficult as they look. The trickiest part of making a Bundt cake is turning the cake out of the mold once it’s cooked. If your Bundt pan is thoroughly greased and you allow the cake the proper time to cool, it should slide out with no problem.
The secret to making a Bundt cake taste amazing is in the syrup you pour over the cake after cooking. Bundt cakes are naturally very spongy, so if you put some great flavors in your syrup, the cake will soak them up and create an incredible dessert.
About this Pecan-Coconut Bundt Cake Recipe
|Rating: 4.5/5||Serves: 20-25 servings||Difficulty: Medium||Approx. Cost: $21.00|
|Prep Time: 30 Minutes||Cook Time: 1 Hour, 15 Minutes||Additional Time: 15 Minutes||Total Time: 2 Hours|
In this recipe, pecans are put in the bottom of the pan to give the top of the cake a wonderful crust of toasted pecans. Since this recipe uses a cake mix, it’s very simple to execute.
There’s rum in the batter that keeps the cake nice and moist as well as some coconut extract that gives the cake a delightful tropical flavor that perfectly complements the rum.
The real star is the butter-rum syrup with toasted coconut that takes the taste over the top with deliciousness. It’s so decadent and will have you coming back again and again for more.
Serve it with some whipped cream, fresh berries and your favorite rum cocktail.
- 1 cup (125 grams) chopped pecans (almonds or walnuts would also work, if you prefer)
- 1 stick (4 ounces [115 grams]) butter, softened
- 4 eggs
- 1 pack (18.25 ounces [520 grams]) yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) rum (I prefer Malibu)
- 1/3 (80 ml) cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ teaspoons coconut extract
- 1 cup (200 grams) sugar
- 1 stick (4 ounces [115 grams]) butter
- 1/4 (60 ml) cup water
- 1/4 (60 ml) cup rum
- 1/2 cup (40 grams) toasted coconut flakes
- Preheat the oven to 325ºF (162ºC).
- Grease the bottom and the sides of a 10-inch (48cm) Bundt pan thoroughly.
- Spread the chopped pecans along the bottom of the Bundt pan.
- Cream the butter in the bowl of a stand mixer. As the butter is creaming, add the eggs one at a time.
- Add the cake mix and blend in thoroughly. Add the water, rum, vanilla and coconut extract and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Pour the cake mix into the greased Bundt pan and use a rubber spatula to smooth out the top of the batter.
- Bake the cake for 75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- Begin the syrup in the last ten minutes of baking. Combine all the ingredients for the syrup, bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes to ensure the alcohol is cooked out.
- Remove the cake from the oven. Pour the hot syrup over the cake. Place the cake on a wire cooling rack.
- Allow the cake to cool for 15 minutes.
- Carefully and quickly invert the cake onto a large plate, slice and serve.
Image: Jakub Kapusnak