An oldie but a goodie. Making homemade muffins is simple and easy and they come out so much better than the ones you buy in the grocery store.
About this Almond-Chocolate Chip Muffins Recipe
|Rating: 4/5||Serves: 1 Dozen||Difficulty: Easy||Approx. Cost: $14.00|
|Prep Time: 20 Minutes||Cook Time: 30 Minutes||Additional Time: 40 Minutes||Total Time: 1 Hour, 30 Minutes|
This is an easy, straightforward recipe for delicious homemade almond-chocolate chip muffins. The key to making muffin batter is not to overmix it — overmixed muffin batter tends to come out overly chewy and dense. So, when you’re stirring to combine, mix just until all the ingredients are incorporated.
I also find muffin batter is easier to mix by hand than in a stand mixer because mixing by hand is much gentler. Muffin batter is easier to make if your ingredients are at room temperature, so I recommend leaving your milk and eggs out for about half an hour before beginning the recipe.
These muffins are fluffy, decadent, luxurious and have just the right amount of chocolate. Indulge in these incredible muffins for breakfast or dessert. Need I say more?
- 2¼ (315 grams) cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ baking soda
- 1 stick (4 ounces [115 grams]) butter, melted
- ½ cup (100 grams) brown sugar
- ¼ cup (50 grams) white sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- ¾ cup (180 ml) whole milk, room temperature
- 1 cup (175 grams) chocolate chips
- 1 cup (140 grams) almonds, toasted and chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF (170ºC).
- Grease the bottom of a muffin pan and line with muffin liners.
- Sift together the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda in a large bowl. Whisk it to get rid of any lumps.
- Whisk the eggs, butter
andsugars together in a large bowl. Add in the milk and whisk to combine.
- Add the vanilla and almond extracts to the butter, milk
andsugar. Whisk to combine.
- Use a rubber spatula to gently mix the dry ingredients into the wet. Mix just until incorporated. There will still be some lumps, that’s ok.
- Add the almonds and chocolate chips to the batter. Gently stir until they’re fully incorporated.
- Use a scoop to put
batterinto a muffin pan lined with muffin liners. The liners should be about 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake at 350ºF (170ºC) for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the muffins comes out clean.
- Remove muffins and place
ona wire rack to cool. Allow to coolfor 10 minutes before eating.
Image: Nazia A